This is my grandmother’s recipe that she learned during a class all about her new microwave in the 1970’s. I hope you love it as much as we do! HLLF, Kirstin
The Best Peanut Brittle In the Universe
- In 1 ½ qt. Measuring cup mix together: 1 cup sugar and ½ cup white Karo syrup.
- Microwave on high 4 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes
- Add and stir in:
- 1 teaspoon softened butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Microwave on high 75 seconds.
- Add 1 teaspoon baking soda and stir until light and foamy.
- Quickly pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Use PAM even if the pan has a Teflon lining.
- Spread as thin as you can with greased wooden spoons, pulling the brittle out to the sides of the pan.
- Let cool about 1 hour.
- Break into pieces
- If too sticky, cook longer after adding peanuts.
- Perfect peanut brittle is pale and but not sticky.
- If it tastes burnt, cook less. (Thanks Grams)